Consular Section>Q & A
questions and answers

Q: I hold a passport that is not listed with the countries that can obtain a visa upon arrival at the airport in Yemen. How do I obtain a visit visa?
A: All nationals require a visa to Yemen prior to their arrival. Please contact the Embassy of Yemen for further information.

Q: I have a personal issue that I would like to address to the Embassy of Yemen. How do I contact the right person at the Embassy?
A: All concerns, issues, requests or personal matters have to be addressed to the Embassy of Yemen IN WRITING or you can fax your request to 613-729-8915. Please leave your phone number and address and your request will be dealt with.

Q: What is the Yemen official language?
A: Arabic is the official language, but English is widely used and understood.

Q: Can I convert currency upon my arrival into Yemen airport?
A: You can convert currency at the port of entry into Yemen.

Q: Do they accept credit cards and debit cards in Yemen?
A: All banks in Yemen offer customers credit cards (Visa), which can be used at the branch of that bank and other bank branches.

Q: Do I need travel health plans in Yemen?
A: We recommend you make sure you are covered for health care at all times in Yemen.

Q: What is Yemen’s country code?
A: Full international direct dialing is available in Yemen. The country code is +9671 and the mobile code is +967.

Q: Can I obtain a transit visa?
A: Yemen does not issue a transit visa. You will be issued a visit visa. The visit is for one visit and one entry.

Q: What is the dress code in Yemen?
A: Always dress very modestly in Yemen.

Q: When I send documents for legalization or my passports to whom do I address it to?
A: You can address it to:

Embassy of the Republic of Yemen
54 Chamberlain Ave
Ottawa, ON K1S 1V9

Q: Do you have the contact for the Embassy of Yemen in the United States?
A: Contact Information: (Address, phone and fax):

Embassy of the Republic of Yemen
2319 Wyoming Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20008
Telephone: (202) 965-4760
Fax: (202) 337-2017