The procedure takes a minimum of 15 working days as visa requests require approval from Yemen.
Previously, Yemeni citizens with appropriate Yemeni ID, traveling with Canadian passports, did not require visas. It is now strongly recommended that a visa be obtained prior to departure to avoid border problems, often experienced en-route. In these cases visas will be issued same day and free of charge.
Diplomatic Visas are free. Non-Canadian passport holders must be in possession of a Canadian Residence Permit.
Documents may be mailed as per instructions below, or dropped off in person. For personal pick-up, it is recommended that you phone 613-729-6627 Ext 21, in advance to confirm that the process is completed and/or make an appointment.
Application FeesFor information regarding the fees, please call the Embassy at 613-729-6627 Ext 21
VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VISAS:
1. ONE Visa Application form to be filled out completely, and signed. Please include your telephone number and e-mail address.
2. Photocopy of pages 2 & 3 of your passport, which must be valid for at least 6 (six) months from the date of submitting the application.
3. TWO passport-size photographs to be attached to the application.
4. A prepaid courier slip and a self addressed envelope are required for the return of the passport.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR BUSINESS VISAS:
5. A covering letter from a registered company or firm based in Canada indicating in detail the purpose of the applicant’s visit, and the company stamp or seal be affixed to the letter.
MAILING PROCEDURES FOR ALL VISAS:
a. Please provide a Prepaid Waybill for one of the following suggested companies: FedEx, Purolator, UPS, DHL or Express post.
b. A return envelope must be enclosed. Clearly print your name, address, phone number and courier account number.
The Embassy of the Republic of Yemen reserves the right to refuse the issue of a visa, or in some cases, request additional information, at its discretion.